Monday, January 24, 2011

Chicago Bears Don't Quit.

I have to say that I am heartily disappointed to see all the garbage that the players are saying about fellow pro, Jay Cutler.  I have come to expect fans to use social media to further their inexperienced, uneducated, and grammatically disastrous thoughts to an uncaring audience, but other players?


Most of you may know that I am not a professional football player, that being said, even I know that the medical staff has the final word whether or not a player can get in the game.  Is this fact lost of other professional football players?  Long gone are the days when injured players receive a shot of morphine and a pat on the back and I am disgusted to see other players attempt to bolster their own twitter numbers by bashing one of their own.

If I could personally respond to them I would merely tell them this . . . It is very easy to criticize someone behind the perceived anonymity of the internet.  Most certainly, considering that you yourself are sitting at home, nowhere near a divisional playoff game, only a fool would heed your words. 


My personal gratitude for the multitude of fans who support Jay Cutler and dismiss the heckling and jibing.

More importantly, Chicago Bears teammates are supporting Jay, and at the end of the day, that's what matters most.  I am proud that Brian Urlacher and Olin Kreutz are vocal supporters of Jay, as well they should be.  My 30 years on this earth have taught me that the only reason why anyone will hate you, is because they want to be just like you.

Jay Cutler, you are one hell of a quarterback.  Chicago Bears, you have one HELL of a season.  I can't wait to get started all over again.  I am proud of you all.

No comments: