Friday, July 31, 2009

Recipe Rescue #1

I am on a mission to sort through the veritable stock pile of recipes that occupies a drawer in my buffet. As I sort through the mess and convert them all to a nice and neat templated database I will take a select few and post them here. Wasting no time let's get started with my first selection . . .

Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad

1 head each broccoli and cauliflower
1 medium chopped onion
1 bag bacon pieces
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp. white vinegar
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese

In a large bowl, break up broccoli and cauliflower into small florets, discard stem. Add to broccoli and cauliflower - onion, bacon pieces and cheese. Combine sugar, mayonnaise and vinegar, pour over other ingredients. Chill and serve.
**time saver** broccoli and cauliflower florets are sold together by the bagged salads in the produce dept.**
**fat reducer** low/no fat mayonnaise, reduced fat cheese

No comments: